Saturday, June 4, 2011

Recent Toy Acquisitions



Sometimes I remember with a start that I began this blog three and a half years ago mainly with the object of cataloging and talking about my action figure buys. It expanded in a sort of magpie-manner, picking up any news or picture or poetry that caught my eye along the way, and now mainly seems to be concerned with (broadly speaking) fantasy and art.

In a nod back to that earlier time, I present three new action figures I've got recently. Each cost approximately $15. I got the DC Universe The Wizard (Shazam) from eBay, the Tom Baker Fourth Dr. Who from Entertainment Earth, and the Captain Barbossa from Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides from our local Wal-Mart.

Shazam is a good addition to my collection of wizard action figures; he is a sort of bare essence of wizardliness with the furrowed brow, huge beard, and flowing robes. Tom Baker is my favorite Dr. Who, the only one I've really watched for any amount. Barbossa is possibly the best character in the Pirates franchise; probably the only figure I'll get from this release as they are of slightly poorer grade than previous figures. Unless they go on sale somewhere.

No comments: