Saturday, May 31, 2008

New Statement of Purpose

It's the last day--indeed, almost the last hour--of May, and I want to start the new month with my new Statement of Purpose. Not that I'll be abandoning action figures. But as a topic of discussion it cannot always occupy my attention.

Not that it's too limited a topic. In fact, it's almost too vast. I've had so many more action figures to discuss other than the three that I actually posted this month--and three volumes of Tomart's Encyclopedia & Price Guide to Action Figure Collectibles--and coming action figures--that I've sat down many times to write a post and gave up at the immensity of the task. So, paradoxically, by broadening my field of posts I hope to be able to deal with the job, in effect resting with other things till I get back to the toys.

What other things? My fads, freaks, and fallacies, my memories, dreams, anectodage, books, movies, TV shows, favorite poems, pictures, fugitive writings--in effect, my blathering opinions on life, the universe, and everything. This will probably interest only my four readers (and not always all of them), but there it is.

And so, as the saying goes--"On with the goddamn circus!"

No comments: