Thursday, January 7, 2016

More Bad Luck

Well this Monday I had what was diagnosed as a TIA (Transient Ischemic Attack) or mini-stroke that started as a pain in my left eye and led to numbness and tingling all down my right side. After a couple days observation at the hospital I came home, very wobbly and a little weak, especially in my right knee. But I'm overall still basically strong and have no droop, and the therapists say I should improve over time (if I don't have another stroke). So I may be a little slow for a while, but I'm going to try to hang in there. It ain't good, but it could be a lot worse.

1 comment:

AlanDP said...

Ugh...I hate hearing that, but I'm glad you're recovering. My dad had a similar thing a few weeks ago. They didn't say it was a "TIA," but it must have been something like that. He had some physical therapy for a little while and he seems to be back to almost normal now.