Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Zira

When I went to Florida some months ago, I got three of the Medicom Planet of the Apes figures: Cornelius, Dr. Zaius, and General Aldo. Medicom has, in my opinion, come out with the perfect sculpt and format for Ape figures (and by this I mean action figures, not dolls, which, let us face it, are basically what the old, much-beloved Mego Apes were). But I wanted--nay, needed, nay CRAVED--a Zira figure to complete the basic quartet. After all, what would Cornelius be without Zira? So my good friend at Z's Toys kept his eyes open and ordered me one when it became available on eBay. Today it came in, and I bought it for $22.

I tried and tried to get a scan off the card, but I'm having trouble with my new program Adobe Photoshop. I suppose it's probably because I'm not used to it, but it seems less straight forward and less intuitive than my old Adobe program. I think that's one reason for my scandalously scant output: this is only my third post of the month! Anyway I ended up using a picture grabbed off of Google.

No comments: