Thursday, June 18, 2009

10 Books A Day: #56

The Castle Of Otranto...Horace Walpole...Collier

Selected Poetry and Prose of Blake...William Blake, ed. Northrop Frye...Modern Library College Editions

The Sorrows of Young Werther and Selected Writings...Johann Wolfgang von Goethe...Signet Classic

The Pilgrim's Progress...John Bunyan...Spirit Books

The Hazlitt Sampler....William Hazlitt, ed. Herschel M. Sikes...Premier Sampler

The Portable Milton...John Milton, ed. Douglas Bush...Viking Portable Library

Cyrano de Bergerac...Edmond Rostand...Bantam Classics

Goethe's Faust...Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, tr. Walter Kaufman...Doubleday Anchor book

Utopia...Thomas More...Penguin Classics

Candid, Zadig, and selected stories...Voltaire, tr. Donald M. Frame...Signet Classic

The Hunchback of Notre Dame...Victor Hugo, tr. Walter J. Cobb...Signet Classic

The Adventures of a Simpleton...H. J. C. von Himmelshausen...Frederick Ungar Publishing Co.


Beginning a short run of paperback classics today; of this bunch I haven't read Otranto, Werther, or Simpleton yet. A lot of books (especially if they're cheap, or rare, or in my area of general interest, or all three) that I think I might want to read someday I buy and put away, like a man putting away a cellar of wine. One day when it or I am ready I may read it. Until then they are safely in reach.

Book Count: 723.

No comments: