Friday, September 18, 2009

10 Books A Day: #148















J. R. R. Tolkien's The Lord Of The Rings: The Fotonovel...Fotonovel Publications

The Film Book Of J. R. R. Tolkien's The Lord Of The Rings...Ballantine Books

There And Back Again: An Actor's Tale...Sean Astin (with Joe Layden)...St. Martin's Press

The Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship Of The Rings Photo Guide...ed. Alison Sage...Houghton Mifflin Company

The Lord Of The Rings Official Movie Guide...Brian Sibley...Houghton Mifflin

The Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship Of The Ring Visual Companion...Jude Fisher...Houghton Mifflin

The Lord Of The Rings: The Two Towers Visual Companion...Jude Fisher...Houghton Mifflin

The Lord Of The Rings: The Return Of The King Visual Companion...Jude Fisher...Houghton Mifflin

The Art Of The Lord Of The Rings...Gary Russell...Houghton Mifflin

The Lord Of The Rings: The Art Of The Fellowship Of The Ring...Gary Russell...Houghton Mifflin

The Lord Of The Rings: The Art Of The Two Towers...Gary Russell...Houghton Mifflin

The Lord Of The Rings: The Art Of The Return Of The King...Gary Russell...Houghton Mifflin
And so, with a list of LOTR movie tie-in books, I come to the end of the books that I have in my house, though not the end of my books: I have at least ten 20 gallon storage tubs full of books in my mini-storage facility. And to bring the final total up to a nice round number I add a book I just got last weekend:
The Savage Sword Of Conan Volume Four...Dark Horse Comics
It has been a long, strange journey. In a way it has been a life review, as I recorded and considered books, when and where I read and bought them, and what they meant to me. I came to one major personal epiphany; that I no longer had the patience or the taste for "junk-food" fantasy that I used to have. Not that I still won't read some, from accident or boredom or hope, but, like the Elves with Sauron, never again will I serve them.
Now I hope to get back to more essay-like posts, perhaps after a short hiatus of a day or two.
Book Count: 1760.

No comments: